Liposuction is a common surgical procedure that many look to when they want to do some improvements. It is not as drastic as a surgery such as breast augmentation and yet is a surgery unlike dermal fillers. The key thing for any patient going into liposuction surgery is to at least know some of the basics, in this article we will cover five.
Candidacy for liposuction surgery
The first basic fact, you need to know is if you are eligible for this kind of procedure. You need to know if you qualify or if something else will take you out of the running for having liposuction surgery.
Those who will be not be good candidates for liposuction include:
• Women who might be pregnant, are pregnant or are nursing.
• Those who have health problems that can keep them from healing properly.
• Those who are taking blood thinners and unable to stop them in the few weeks before they have surgery.
• Those who are allergic to lidocaine as it is used in the procedure.
Those who will be better suited for liposuction:
• Teenagers, on a person by person basis a Doctor may agree to do this on a teen especially one who has lots a great deal of weight and has some pockets left.
• Adults with no health issues.
• Adults with no worry of pregnancy.
• Upper age is not a factor: There is no limit on age but younger patients will generally have a better “spring” back of the skin.
Cost of liposuction surgery
There are a great deal of factors to take in when you are looking at the cost of liposuction surgery. Commonly it will cost between $2,000 and $3,500 per procedure.
Considerations in the cost of liposuction:
• The treatment area
• Multiple treatment areas
• Body type
• The procedure used
• The doctor
• The geographic area
While this goes along with cost it is also something that needs to be addressed on its own merit. Liposuction surgery is an elective surgery so it is not covered by any insurance. You can pay cash, check or credit card of course and many surgeons will have in house financing for you to consider. In house financing will be based on credit but is often low to no interest as long as you make payments on time. Check with your Doctor directly to see if they offer it.check any related information at http://www.meristem.com/news_releases_fac/2014/nr_2014-14.php.
The last choice to pay for your liposuction surgery is third party financing. This type of third party financing is usually called Care Credit or something similar in which you get approval for a certain amount of medical care. The card which can only be used for medical procedures works like a standard credit card.
Choosing the right surgeon
While liposuction surgery is considered very safe, you need to take you time and pick the right surgeon for you. Every Doctor has a different skill level and more importantly you simply need to feel comfortable.
There are something’s you can look at to make your job easier when selecting the right surgeon for you.
• Look at the certifications and affiliations.
• Look at how much experience the Doctor has.
• Past results.
• Procedures offered.
• Beside manner.
The initial consult
When you are ready to take the step to get liposuction and have a Doctor selected you will set up our first appointment. Any Doctor worth their salt will require an in-depth planning meeting with you before they will schedule the surgery. They will want to make sure you have realistic result ideas among other things.
What we have covered here is just the tip of the iceberg on what you should expect from liposuction surgery. If you are seriously considering getting this treatment speak directly with a medical professional to guide you.